Friday, August 17, 2007

STORM

It was a fine day.
Different folks gathered around making up what we call - community.
Everything was fine when the storm came.
Everybody was caught unaware, swept away by the storm.

For a change, I sat beside the storm. i gave tickets. and there was an efficient response. That's how it all started.
I dunno, I became curious. I became interested to know more about the storm. Besides, everything was supposed to be beyond my control.

I said my idea once. Alas! It's stored already. And that's truly commendable. So I tried to compensate it with at least my being a good listener(?) plus other things I've learned on how to deal with people.
But there's one thing I'm scared of, that is losing my temper and patience also.
I'm like having something too fragile.
Don't get me wrong.
I use the power of positive thinking. i only took the good side of every situation. And the good side was - the challenge.
I have to be at least good or commit fewer mistakes or even make no false moves.
that's truly challenging.
Like butterfly, I was just waiting for the day until I feel sublime.

One late after class, we preferred to walk through one station. I gave my number. i memorized it's number. Oh, I forgot.

Emotion. Everyone has it. Love emotion. Everybody deserves it. I could fall inlove. Everybody could. You can match-make. And that turned out to be a mess.

Anyway, I was there. "I can make it up to you." I assured the storm. "I'm just around." The storm can go, but I will remain.

I used to let other people do the thinking in giving solutions to my problems. Then one day, the response was, "don't ask me what to do." Fine! Afterall, the storm is there to help me explain. It was a promise(?).

I was happy, then happier.
Enormously happy.
That's all I felt.

We traveled far, fate unknown.
But for once, I thought I wasn't alone.
That's terrible.
More horrible than what I expected.
I was lost in my great expectations.

How do you refuse things you've been wanting to do?
A cold war.
Now turned into gray.
There's no turning back.
I've got to start. A good start.
A painful start to counterfeit my enormously happy past.

How do we forget things we used to do?
I don't know.
I just allowed days to pass me by. Believing that it's gonna be alright.
I allowed myself to free-float. I'll go where the water flows. Suddenly, somebody lifted me up.

Now, all I have is a memory.
I was swept away by the storm.
But I was taken to a place where I belong.

If there's one good thing I did in this life, that is learning to trust again.
But I failed, in many ways.
But then again, it's worth a try.

I knew right from the start that the storm will pass.
I will be left alone.
But I loved the storm.

Thanks for recognizing my efforts.
Thanks for making me realize my mistakes.
Thanks for setting me free.
You're worth remembering.

And it will be a fine day again.

No comments: