Wednesday, August 22, 2007

PRESENTABLE IN THE EYES OF GOD

I heard someone said, “You’re not presentable!” Huh! I just could imagine how hard the world fell apart. Maybe, we won’t see the tears in his eyes but his heart bleeds…. I will understand that angry people close their eyes and let go of any hurtful things they want to say. But I wouldn’t understand why people keep on believing and doing something that even in their own life doesn’t work.

I was about to sleep last night when this idea popped up my mind: what’s presentable in the eyes of God? Every rational human being knows the answer. What’s presentable in the eyes of a friend? Well that’s subjective… it depends on who your friend is. What’s presentable in the eyes of someone you love? Supposedly, the entirety of the one you love.

Few days before my payday, I almost had no penny in my pocket. This happens to everyone with an average and below income. But this is not supposed to happen to me, I have more and nobody would believe if I say I have nothing more. But things happen for a reason. In my case, my sister said I badly need to send money back home. She said, she’s willing to give part of the money I gave her. I did send the money that I allotted for the rest of the week ‘til payday. When we met, I asked her how money would be left with her. She replied almost nothing too but she’s still willing to share. My heart melts…. She’s changed so I told her to keep it.

Instead of worrying what’s going to happen the next few days, I assured her I’ll do what I can do to survive the week. I thought of few persons who I believe would help me with this little problem. Some of them assured some other time and some would ask how. I just sighed. On the night I planned not to have dinner so I can spend the remaining money the following day, I came across a friend who offered a treat. Divine intervention…. I believe.

Is it coincidence? I’m sure not. Because even during simple trials as this one, God will show us the way in instances we might not even notice. For which I promise to write and recognize from now on.

Some things we do in life might not be pleasing in the eyes of God. Sometimes, people would notice what it is that you don’t have. Sometimes people just notice your ugly haircut, your old clothes, your filthy shoes…. Maybe they just don’t know what you’ve been to. But in case you have spent your money in helping other people than just making yourself pleasing in the eyes of other people, you’re most presentable in the eyes of God.

I know there’s fallacy in this argument but judge me not. For if you know someone better or you know someone deeply, you’ll never close our eyes for the true love and help he’s given you. Judge not a person for what he is now but for what he has done as a person that only his uniqueness can fulfill. Judge not for what he decides to be. Judge not someone you don’t know so well.

When things happen to make ends meet, believe that He finds a way for those who are presentable in His eyes.

No comments: