Monday, August 13, 2007

AT THE END OF THE DAY

Waking up with a "Good Morning."
Saying "Hello" or "See you later."
Saying "I care until forever."
But at the end of the day, will it be over?

Waiting further 'til morning is through,
Wasting my time with nothing to do.
Just a phone call later is okay too.
But at the end of the day, what are we up to?

Time passed again, should I wait 'til the end?
Should I call you then? I don't know when.
Should I even care when I just have to lose.
But at the end of the day, do I have the truce?

What more can I do? What more can I expect?
A passing happiness or a long time regret?
I've been through this, never trusting apromise.
This too will pass, the day will cease.

What else? I don't know. How far can we go?
Secret or mystery? Knowing or willing, even heart-reading.
Goodnight or goodbye?
At the end of the day, I'm singing my old songs and lullaby.

No comments: