Sunday, February 1, 2009

FEWER OR MORE


I’m feeling so sad today upon knowing that my favorite niece got zero in her test.

The teacher is asking them to choose between fewer or more. Obviously, she identified all "few" as "more."

She was crying while telling me the story. I could feel how much she wants to get a perfect score. I know she used her mind to decide which is which.

Right then, I asked my mother to talk to the teacher and ask if they offer tutorials or Saturday classes. To know that she only gets low scores in her English subjects, I could imagine how much she wants to be the best which I hope I can help her to be one, no less and even more.

Someday when I’m old and gray, I’ll remember how she struggled to be the best. I remembered how I tried to excel but I didn’t cry, I just kept on trying.

Someday I can compare what I’ve been and what she will be but for now, I can say I’ll be with her always.

No comments: