1. Determine to live without anger, regret, and bitterness over yesterday's sorrows and tribulations. In other words, make peace with your past. It was what it was. You can change the future by refusing to burden it with yesterday's stains.
2. Forgive those who have wronged you. Hold them responsible for their actions so they don't repeat them, but realize that unforgiveness is the chain that shackles us to old wounds. We cannot be free from the wounds until we forgive.
3. Accept responsibility for your own happiness and don't burden others with the onus of making you happy. Understand that being happy or unhappy is a decision you make each day. For the most part, you will be as happy as you make up your mind to be.
4. Real education doesn't end, it's an ongoing, lifelong process.If you will embrace the idea of increasing your knowledge and wisdom intentionally, instead of just learning from what life beats you over the head with, you'll look back a year from today and realize what a wise decision you made.
5. Accept others as they are, without projecting how you wished they were onto them. This is easier to do when we realize that most people do the best they can for the level of consciousness they have attained. It's easier on us too, not to have to "fix" everyone.
In my experience, that's a recipe that leads to success, happiness, and a life of deep and lasting meaning.
By: Dennis Gaskill.