Thursday, May 7, 2009

BEING SINGLE IS PRICELESS


I got this line from a t-shirt print. I’m supposed to buy that shirt but opt not because I think I can’t wear it for long. Not that I’m ready to love again but I moved on. Starting today, I can just look back to the sad years of my life and tell a story about it with a smile.

We may have been in different degrees of break-ups but at the end of it, you’ll realize that life is too short to be too serious, have fun and live life to the fullest.

I posted in my facebook account this line: Victor is another step closer to his dream business, business meeting tonight and business seminar a week after….travel John, travel. Keep moving.

Yes, I’m putting up a John Travels World business with friends. It’s difficult to start but it will soon materialize. But who is John? He’s Juan, the Filipino. Well, I can’t explain further, it’s still a trade secret for now.

I may not have thought of this business if I wasn’t single. I might have thought another business otherwise. I have a lot of time to think and to be creative now.

I was out with my teammates for food-trip and drinks one night, another test for my advocacy on being vegetarian. The challenge is how I will maintain my diet without being drastically different from a group. But I know I can do it because I learned how to fight for what I believe in. This is another thing I’ve learned from a break-up, make a stand.
I started being vegetarian just this March. It was out of my desire to sleep anytime. I have bad sleeping habits before that I wake up anytime and it’s hard to sleep again especially after eating. I’m also choosy in foods and I find it really difficult to choose what to eat. Sometimes I end up ordering a lot which I can’t consume. When I became vegetarian, I know right away what I want. I also like the idea of having advocacy that when I want to do something I do it and I’m not faking it because I won’t be fooling myself. Eventually, things go right when I never had high blood pressure again; I have better body weight and better skin. So, I love it now. It’s economical too. It has so many benefits that I’d rather be a vegetarian all my life. There’s one virtual friend who influenced me a lot on this, thank you.

Weeks ago, my previous officemates invited me to go to Hundred Islands in Pangasinan. I can’t go with them because I don’t have a work schedule similar to them. I was about to follow the next day but my body is too tired to travel and I need to rest after working all night. At least my only reason that time is I’m tired and not that I have something else to do with someone else.

A few hours of sleep made me sane again so I decided to call a high school friend who recently found me on facebook. All I ask is, may dagat ba dyan? (living by the sea?) Positive. Then I found myself traveling to Olongapo heading to Morong, Bataan. I was in Olongapo around 8pm and reached the peaceful beach of Morong by 10pm. The place is so passive that you can walk by the beach without any fear of something not good is going to happen. We stayed near the bay and shared stories until little by little I can take pictures of the waves rushing in.

We talked about changes though I haven’t changed that much. I’m still the same so young at heart that needs someone taking care of me. I’m still the same little boy longing for embrace when it’s cold at night. I’m still the same child who thinks that everyone loves kids like me.

But time has passed and all I keep are memories. Though I’ve loved according to what I believe is right; I can’t hold on for something that wants to go. So it goes but looks where I am free and happy.

At the end of a relationship, you can have so many things to do. You can just go anywhere you want to. You can try anything that you want to. You can put as many mint and basil leaves in hut-shieu (Vietnamese Noodle Soup). You’ll learn to discover more of yourself or probably discover the things that you want. I felt bitterness before. I felt I can’t love again. Only to realize now that such bitter feelings made me think of what I want and exercise my ability to choose. I can’t just fall in love but I have to choose which one I can grow old with, which one will agree with my ideas and which one will I be proud to be with.

My friend said I’m single for hire but I said I’m priceless. For the past years I kept myself single and free so that when right love comes along, I’ll be ready to give my all, the very best of me. And so I’ve learned that the only reason we become single is for us to be prepared for the next relationship that’s better, that’s true. There are still a lot of wonders of love we can uncover. So keep loving for as long as you live.

No comments: