Friday, January 25, 2008

EXODUS TO A NEW HOUSE, NEW FRIENDS AND LOVE

Jan 25, 2008.

I first published this in 2008. No content.
But as far as I can recall, this was the time I moved to a condo unit to live alone.
From 15th Ave boarding with friends, I moved to 14th Ave.
Those are all one-way streets.
So my friends from Pag-ibig Fund helped me bring my things via walkathon. 😊
Each of us brought a thing or two of my stuff.
We’re like on an exodus.

 If my memory serves me right, I want to thank Kuya Manny, Ate Daisy, Mel, Marly, Ben, Ems, and JP.
I’m sorry if I missed anyone but thank you for helping me start a new life then.

 And when I started living alone, I became very independent. I did all household chores and work every day then.
 The sad thing was, I spoil food and became emotionally exhausted.
Yes, I dated a lot during that time.
I was free and I went to night-outs a lot.
But I was able to save a lot too.
Until I settled for one.
My friend Rob became a confidant. He’s like a brother, manager, mother, advisor and a lot more to me.
He introduced me to events organizing and we met a lot of big personalities in town.
When I moved to another place, Rob brought me there and left me there.
Rob occupied my old place.
One night, I went back crying. I told Rob, I can’t live and I’m afraid.
But he made me realize that we make choices and we should stand by the choices we make.
So, I stood by my choice for years until such time I felt drained and exhausted again.
Something is still missing or am I meant to be alone?

 I went back to my oasis, to my refuge, to my strength, to my foundation, my family.

 Fast forward.

Dec 1, 2019.
I am now again living alone in a house that I can call my home.
This new place is very welcoming.
There are things I was not able to get back from my previous place but this new one gave me more.
It’s like when something is deliberately taken from you, you get more, even more in return.

First day here, I did not just have a house-warming. I had a heart-warming.
Someone came over, gave me a gift and made me fall in love.
I think I can write another whole new article for the love story. 😊

Then there was typhoon Tisoy that devastated our province in Bicol. ☹
I would have given up this house so I can rebuild our house in the province.
This choice breaks my heart.
How can I be happy here, living comfortably while Mom, my siblings, nieces, and nephews are not okay?
We really can’t have it all.
I tried to give whatever is left of me to a point where I must struggle and haggle day on.
I don’t know until when, but I keep moving on one day at a time.

Day on, I keep trying to stay positive. Smile and laugh but deep within me, I feel sad and lonely.
A week after, my sister and a friend came with a story.
My mom called and Rob called crying profusely.
I don’t have anything to say but just to lend them an ear.

I’m broke but still, my heart can listen.

Even if that’s the only thing I can offer, for now, I’m glad I somehow made them feel better.

 Another week after, another set of friends came over.
This time my elementary and high school classmates and friends.
We had a heart-felt laugh all throughout that day.
They were telling stories about nesting while I actively listen. I got nothing to share about raising kids.
When we talked about business, we all have support for each other.
And there’s one thing that stuck in my mind, our friend Joy said, she waits for my socmed posts about my love story.
They were all waiting for me to love. That’s what friends are for.
 They are happy when I’m happy.

So, I thought of writing this in my spare time and on my me-time.

If you’d ask me how my love story is now, well, I respond to chats and messages, but I reserve my heart for one.
I only have one heart and it belongs to only one.
Ours is not a perfect relationship. We don’t see each other as often.
We haven’t seen each other since heart-warming.
We’re both busy with our own life and career but we care.
We feel sad but that’s normal.

Just before I end this story, I wish that the new house may be a house filled with love and happy thoughts.
May this be a house where family, friends and loved ones can go be at home.
May this be a place where we find peace and sanctuary when the world is going crazy.
May this be love that would last a lifetime.

No comments: